Website Metro Supply Chain Group
This is a new and exciting senior leadership opportunity within an entrepreneurial, rapidly growing Canadian owned third party organization. You will be responsible for overseeing the startup and continued growth of our e-commerce and apparel supply chain verticals.
Overall responsibilities will include the development and delivery of quality, customized e-commerce solutions to Metro customers that support the strategic objectives of the company including; profitability, operational excellence, attraction and retention of key accounts and high employee engagement and satisfaction.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience in apparel, high volume, small package fulfillment directly to consumers. Must have extensive B2C fulfillment experience.
The Vice President will direct and develop General Managers in e-commerce supply chain processes and procedures (ie receiving, replenishment, order fulfillment and returns processing, performance measurements).
- Develop long-range objectives and strategies for the distribution center(s), monitor performance against set objectives and provide feedback to site General Managers.
- Responsible as Senior Lead in all E-Commerce proposals, presentations and startups
- Establishes the “Metro Beacon e-commerce fulfillment” guidelines.
- Use Lean and Six Sigma philosophies to create standard operating procedures and best practices.
- Strategic planning and execution to enhance profitability, team member engagement, productivity and efficiency throughout e-commerce distribution center(s).
- Identify information systems requirements to support process improvements initiates.
- Provides leadership, supports, motivates, mentors and directs high-caliber management team members.
- Strive to achieve world-class e-commerce supply chain – both in performance and customer service
- Promotes “total customer satisfaction” (on time, quality, cost etc.) within all Distribution center(s).
- Ensure high levels of cleanliness and safety at the Distribution Center(s)
- Implement improved processes and management methods to generate higher ROI and workflow optimization.
- Continually investigate and introduce process improvement measures and presents suggestions to COO for consideration.
- Develop and manage annual operations budgets.
- Key Account Manager for all customer(s). Build an open and honest communication line with key customer leadership.
- Ensures compliance with Customer, Company and government regulatory rules and policies including but not limited to OHSA, environmental, etc.
- Interact regularly with executive team and individual department heads to ensure that company’s operational priorities are aligned with total company direction.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports internally and with customer(s).
- 15+ years of broad logistics and supply chain management experience in progressively senior positions in Supply Chain. MBA highly preferred but not required.
- Apparel/Fashion Industry experience a must
- Exceptional leadership, vision, entrepreneurial spirit and drive for success.
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written; embraces a culture (Our Way) of collaboration and team work.
- Senior level experience working for a Third Party Logistics (3PL) company handling complex distribution center environments
- Proven negotiation skills, proven cost reduction efforts and experience with customer contracts
- Visionary leader who supports, mentors and inspires teams, develops a positive work environment that attracts high performing talent.
- In depth knowledge and experience with key e-commerce supply chain/logistics processes, best practices, and implementing process improvements
- Excellent computer skills including experience utilizing multiple WMS systems; also strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical, financial & P&L skill required
- A high sense of urgency & the ability to build & lead strong teams to achieve new levels of performance
- Aware of market and industry trends in order to be ahead of the planning and strategy curve
- Experience supporting and developing business development initiatives
- Experience directing the operations in a multi-site supply chain system
- Ability to travel
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org