The Metro Supply Chain Group of Companies is the largest Canadian owned provider of third party logistics (3PL) across Canada and are a leader in North America and Europe, with more than 6000 employees. Metro supplies services to all industries in the consumer-packaged goods, retail, automotive, fashion, and e-commerce sectors.
Position: Billings Supervisor.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Finance, Operations, the Billings Supervisor is responsible for the coordination of billings processes and overseeing the billings department staff.
The role is responsible for ensuring that all billings are done in a timely and accurate manner. This involves managing the workload and staff within the department.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years working in a billings function, including supervision experience. Completion of High School and preferably college, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Accountable for accurate and timely input of billing data into the system and distribution of invoices to customers/internal contacts.
- Plan, prioritize and direct the billing team.
- Correct billing errors; work with retraining of staff as required to eliminate future mistakes.
- Training and integration of new staff.
- Coaching and mentoring staff, including performance reviews.
- Coordinate with finance, billings, AR teams to gather required information for set up of new customers in the billings systems.
- Update billing systems for increases as defined under customer contracts.
- Ensure billings are integrated and posted accurately into accounting system.
- Review and interpret sales contracts as it relates to billing.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with all internal and external stakeholders
- Backup support for billing of accounts within the team
- Suggest process improvements and work with other internal contacts (IT, finance, Operations) to effect change.
- Ensure department deadlines for billing are met and that all problem billing questions are addressed with management.
- Prepare client check list (rate sheet) of charge types and rates for all service offerings.
- Coordinate with finance and operations any unbilled charges for accrual.
- Liaise with operations and collections on billing matters.
- Audit Client billing/invoices.
- To Communicate billing deadlines to Operations, Finance and Billing.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Positive attitude and ability to work within a high-volume environment.
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to motivate staff members.
- Excellent data entry skills a must.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal. Service attitude.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge and proficiency with various billing systems (Great Plains, Accellos, Bluelink, etc).
- Self-starter with the ability to meet deadlines and produce accurate results
- Contract Interpretation – ability to exercise judgement in selecting and interpreting information.
Metro Supply Chain Group is committed to working towards a barrier-free workplace and to expanding the accessibility of the company to persons with disabilities. Should you require accommodation for this interview, please provide advance notice prior to the interview.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org