Keeps office space, lunch room, packaging area & warehouse building in clean and orderly condition by promoting a clean, safe and positive work environment.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adhere to Safety, GMP, SSOP, WHMIS and HACCP principles (training will be provided)
- Responsible for the accurate tracking and record keeping required for the sanitation department.
- Handling and mixing chemicals as required
- As required by the cleaning schedule, sweep, wet mop and machine clean, as appropriate to the type of surface within the area to ensure a safe and healthy environment. Includes but not limited to warehouse, lunch room, dock doors, office area etc.
- Daily emptying of trash and garbage containers to ensure the timely removal of waste.
- Reporting any faults or difficulties encountered with cleaning e.g broken glass, faulty light bulbs, broken pallet and loose wires. Report faults to the Operations Management Team.
- To clear the snow from all the entrances and walkways as required, salt if necessary.
- Act as a back up for cleaning of washrooms, ensuring clean and hygienic facilities and restocking consumable items to ensure that all minimum stock levels are met, e.g. soap, paper towels etc.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Requires general internal training to perform function
- Some previous cleaning experience is desirable, but not essential as on-the-job training can be given.
- Some knowledge of cleaning machinery, e.g. sweeper is desirable
- WHMIS knowledge is an asset
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com