Reporting to the Operations Supervisor the Delivery Service Specialist’s primary responsibility is providing direct to retail deliveries for a dedicated Metro customer. It is essential that the Delivery Service Specialist create a positive customer experience by understanding and meeting the customers’ needs. Success in this role will be determined by customer satisfaction through on time, accurate deliveries and providing a positive customer interaction each and every time you interface with the customer.
- Operating their own adequate truck, conduct deliveries on a predetermined route to provide accurate on time delivery to multiple customer locations. Assigned delivery routes will vary from time to time.
- Strict adherence to completion of all documentation according to SOPs including; manifests, obtaining signatures, use of safety practices etc.
- At a Metro hub or spoke location, load big ticket goods into their truck for delivery in a manner that prevents damage to the product.
- Adhere to Metro’s safe motor vehicle driving methods, as well as, strict adherence to all Provincial motor vehicle laws.
- Maintain a clean delivery truck, perform daily pre/post shift safety inspections and advise the Supervisor of any concerns or service recommendations.
- Follow all SOPs regarding the safeguarding of Metro and its Customers property against theft and damage.
- Work with Operations Supervisor to return refused or scrap product, and transport the unaccepted product back to the delivery hub, according to SOP.
- Work with Operations Supervisor to accommodate rush deliveries and/or changes to the scheduled delivery route.
- Establish a positive relationship with the Client and Customer by understanding client expectations, meeting daily commitments, and addressing or referring any service concerns for priority resolution.
- Adhere to established uniform requirements, maintain a professional image and handle all client interactions in a courteous, customer-oriented manner.
- Demonstrate and promote Metro’s Our WAYvalues on a daily basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven ability to operate a motor vehicle within a defined geographical area (including both urban and non-urban areas) in all whether conditions.
- Strong orientation to safety, with a demonstrated commitment to the principles of defensive driving.
- Ability to lift up heavy items numerous times throughout the day.
- Ability to represent a professional, knowledgeable and friendly customer service approach when dealing with customers.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with internal team members.
- Proven communication skills both verbal and written. Must be bilingual (English/French in Montreal)
- Comfortable with being directly involved in a fast paced environment and able to work under stressful conditions.
- Thorough knowledge and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Ability to make sound decisions independently and know when to reach out for assistance from your supervisor.
- Well organized and capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Must be flexible and willing to work additional hours when required.
- Must be able to work an alternative 5-day work week during statutory holidays (e.g. Tues-Sat)
- A second language is an asset.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com