Metro to Home
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor the Dispatch Coordinator plays an integral role as part of a team dedicated to a specific customer account. The Dispatcher is responsible for verifying and auditing bills to ensure trucks are received and shipped according to standards. The position gathers, coordinates, and tracks receipt of freight information necessary for the receiving and delivery of all shipments while auditing for accuracy. The Dispatch coordinator acts as back up for the Logistics Coordinator and must be willing to perform all functions including, machine operation, picking and auditing as needed to meet the service agreement with the customer.
- Experience with building truck routes, specifically pertaining to 2 person, big and bulky home deliveries an asset
- Need experience with using dispatch, route building software. Experience with using 2 person, big and bulky home delivery software an asset.
- Need experience with communicating with driver teams on a regular basis.
- Need experience in resolving conflict and delivery related issues in a timely manner.
- Need experience in resolving delivery claims (product, property damage etc)
- Needs to be a great communicator. Both written and verbal
- Inputs carrier code and pickup/delivery schedule on customer orders.
- Updates orders with carrier name and freight cost.
- Traces truck fleets to ensure arrival and availability.
- Analyzes carrier service reports monthly. Compiles data issue report.
- Creates monthly summary report listing number of shipments handled by each carrier in the routing guide by terminal location.
- Maintains claim log for acknowledgments/payments.
- Prepares BOL for outbound and return of exhibit material scheduled for pickup.
- Reviews and records carrier freight, bill number and date of receipt on tracing sheet.
- Analyzes daily planned shipping reports from all terminals.
- Provides back up support in the department as needed.
- Promotes a clean, safe and positive work environment
HEALTH & SAFETY:
- Follow the Occupational Health and Safety Act including Safety, Violence and Harassment laws
- Work in a healthy and safe manner following Metro’s policies, procedures
- Always wear or use protective equipment
- Report any hazards you find in the workplace to your supervisor
- Must not use or operate equipment in a manner that would endanger yourself or others
- Must not put other workers at risk by your actions
EDUCATION AND JOB KNOWLEDGE
- High school education or equivalent.
- Post Secondary education preferred.
- Working towards a logistics management certificate program an asset.
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize work assignments
- Knowledge of shipping and receiving procedures
- Approachable, positive interpersonal style
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Service orientated with strong customer service skills and commitment to quality of work
- Organized and shows strong attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to changes quickly, as well as, work under time pressures
- Strong knowledge of computer systems including WMS, Microsoft Office products
- Proven knowledge of Red Prairie systems a definite asset
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com