Who We Are:
A Leader in Third Party Logistics (3PL) The Metro Supply Chain Group of Companies is the leading Canadian provider of third party logistics (3PL) services across Canada. We maintain our small business roots with a flat organization structure capable of making strategic decisions quickly and effectively. The Group has been in operation for over 40 years with sites coast to coast. We operate with over 10 million square feet of premium warehouse space. Our customers are industry leaders and the Group provides services through both single, dedicated site and multi-customer facilities to offer the flexibility required. Metro Supply Chain Group is a privately owned Canadian company.
To provide the best possible service at the lowest possible cost.
Our Values, Commitments and Business Practises to Support Our Culture:
Service excellence and meeting our customer commitment is ‘Our Way’
We promote open communications and support high levels of participation
Our culture celebrates success, diversity, milestones, team spirit and fun
We continually challenge ourselves to improve the business
We deliver the promise – solution, service and cost
We challenge our thinking and actions to positively affect our impact on the environment
We promote and support employee driven social initiatives
We are currently looking for the following person to join our team:
The goal of this position is to successfully move materials throughout the facility. Load and unload trailers. The incumbent will perform general warehouse duties including; shipping/receiving, picking and packing orders, processing orders (where applicable) in the system, and other warehouse related job tasks as assigned.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate a forklift to move material through facility Counter Balance and Walkie as required.
- Provide materials to the picking line by physically moving them from stock points along the line, off trailers, and from other storage areas.
- Brings appropriate products and quantities from racking to pick line.
- Makes sure to replenish locations with the right product.
- Actively communicate with supervisors and colleagues to effectively handle material and notify them of problems/concerns.
- Properly document work performed.
- Assist in the effective completion of inventory audits. Stacks skids or pallets in designated areas.
- Clean up and dispose of scrap bracing, cardboard, and strapping and place in proper containers or designated areas.
- Promote a clean, safe and positive work environment.
All of the above major duties and responsibilities require the ability to be mobile in an industrial environment, to communicate effectively, organize effectively, with varying degrees of independence, judgment, and discretion.
High school education or equivalent
Forklift Certification from a recognized training provider
- Must have two (2) years of Forklift experience
- Certified Material Handling Equipment Operator with a proven track record for safety and good driving skills
- Experience with a RF scanner
- Proven communication both written and verbal
- Must be capable of sitting, standing , lifting and walking for extended periods of time
- Ability to follow directions
- Service orientated with strong customer interaction skills and commitment
- Good mathematical skills
- Able to lift, on average 35 lbs, repetitively and safely
- Experience with a WMS (Warehouse Management System) would be a definite asset
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- Forklift: 2 years
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com