The forklift operator performs tasks associated with moving goods from one place to another on loading docks or in the warehouse. The operators’ drive and control the forklift which is a motor vehicle which is used to transport heavy goods around the warehouse. Forklifts have two protruding rigid steel bars at their front which can be lowered and lifted up. Operators need to load up heavy boxes on to these steel bars, carry and unload it at a designated location.
The operator might be required to load trucks, unload trucks or be asked to supply work areas with products or remove finished goods to a warehouse storage area. The forklift operator is responsible for inspecting the lifts before use and participating in training sessions for license renewal.
- A Material Handler’s role usually extends beyond driving the equipment.
- Type of Equipment driven would be a Dockstocker, Raymond Reach and Walkie.
- Operates equipment in a manner consistent with Company’s Health and Safety policies.
- Uses a Warehouse Management System (WMS) to receive, check, count inventory, verify, sort and classify materials and equipment by stock number, condition and other classifications and note them down in relevant logs.
- Use a handheld bar code scanner (RF gun), inspect and maintain equipment. Other tasks could involve wrapping loads with a shrink wrapper, loading goods onto and off a truck
- Performs order picking which involves lifting and re-palletizing the products.
- Unpacks cartons and boxes to check the material and then again seal them.
- Compares data against the documents given by the management and note irregularities if any.
- Prepares product for shipment ensuring accuracy, efficiency and customer service standards are met.
- Provides quality service to the client by ensuring inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage
- Maintains equipment and materials in a neat, clean and orderly fashion and handles fragile items with care.
- Maintains a clean and secure work area.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Some High School, preferably a High School Diploma
- At least 1 year warehouse experience operating material handling equipment
- Raymond Reach Operator/CounterBalance/ Dockstocker /Walkie experience and certification with proven track record for safety
- Experience with a RF scanner
- Must be detail oriented, customer focused, accountable, organized, and demonstrate high sense of urgency
- Capable of working independently and as part of the team
- Must have strong communication, interpersonal, problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Hands on experience with SAP/MRP/ERP systems, experience with Red Prairie is a plus
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org