Reporting to the Operations Supervisor the Logistics Coordinator plays an integral role as part of a team dedicated to a specific customer account. The Logistics Coordinator coordinates the daily activities of operations to ensure optimal execution of the daily operations plan. Uses their in depth knowledge of Red Prairie to attain desired productivity goals ensuring Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are met as it relates to order fulfillment and customer service.
• Coordinates the implementation of a logistics plan to achieve desired delivery response times while paying close attention to productivity levels and the operational plan communicated daily by the Supervisor.
• Communicate inventory, logistics and customer service issues to the Supervisor that will effect productivity and or customer service.
• Follows Operations, Customer Service, Transportation and Loss Prevention SOPs.
• Assumes responsibility for picking and shipping of direct to store courier deliveries on time, as prioritized and communicated by the Supervisor and Transportation.
• Communicate with in-bound carriers to support customer, transportation and operational objectives.
• Tracks inventory issues and communicates daily with Inventory Control and the Supervisor to address discrepancies.
• Offers alternative solutions to system and procedural issues that may effects productivity.
• Guarantees a smooth transition between shifts by organizing all available work.
• Updates Daily Tracking Sheet to measure performance standards for managing service, quality, and any internal/external customer issues.
• Responsible for inbound load prioritization. Responsible for coordinating the most effective manner of organizing inbound loads in order to best meet productivity KPIs.
• Supply accurate and timely data to carriers and client representatives to build a strong a positive relationship with all parties that deal with Metro.
• Have exceptional knowledge of Red Prairie WMS and work with the Supervisor to address any training or procedural gaps.
• Prepare, file and distribute accurate billing paperwork for carriers and courier drivers.
• Following an SOP verify all information on carrier’s “Gate Pass” is accurate and entered into the system in a timely manner.
• Controls flow of work in dispatch office and tracks productivity.
• Assist where necessary in implementing and training personnel on operating guidelines, policies, and procedures.
• Assist where necessary in developing and training of all Red Prairie WMS upgrades and modifications and ensures that operators are made aware of any and all changes that directly affect them.
• Follow the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Metro’s policies including Safety, Violence and Harassment laws
• Other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND JOB KNOWLEDGE
• Completion of secondary school
• College diploma in logistics management is preferred
• A minimum of 3-4 years of experience in progressively responsible materials management related operations jobs.
• Capable of working independently and as part of a team
• Approachable, positive interpersonal style
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Exceptional knowledge Microsoft Office.
• Proven knowledge of Red Prairie systems in a Logistics role
• Service orientated with strong customer service skills and commitment to quality of work
• Good mathematical skills
• Organized and shows strong attention to detail
• Problem solving skills with the ability to seek alternative solutions
• Ability to adapt to changes quickly, as well as, work under time pressures