The Loss Prevention Manager will act as the primary point person for the management of Facilities Security, Claims, Losses, and Health & Safety processes between Metro Ops and a dedicated Metro customer. The LP Manager in conjunction with the customer’s security department, will provide expertise and guidance on all operational requirements and processes related to the customer’s LP programs. Will oversee the LP elements of the 3rd Party Carrier Compliance Program on behalf of the customer. Will work to mitigate both Metro Logistics Inc., and the customer’s risks associated with day to day operations, by identifying opportunities for improvement in process, practise, and security infrastructure. As a member of the Steering Committee provide suggestions on Continuous Improvement initiatives.
Quality Assurance / Damages / Claims / Security Infrastructure / Health and Safety
- Ensure all operational SOP’s related to LP are accurate and up to date. Assist Site Managers with training team members on SOP’s. Identify best practises and ensure these are incorporated in standard SOP’s network wide.
- Conduct independent audits on all processes related to LP items, report results to the Director and Site Mangers and assist in training where necessary. Maintain audit documents and reports database.
- In conjunction with Metro IT department, ensure all building security infrastructure and equipment is adequate, in working order, and is tested regularly. Where appropriate trouble-shoot problems, and arrange for repairs/service.
- In conjunction with Management, recommend and approve network upgrades, improvements etc. that impact the customer’s security status.
- Recommend and approve network upgrades, improvements etc. that impact the customer’s security status.
- In conjunction with customer’s security team, provide direction to 3rd party security companies, determine deployment needs, both routine and emergency, and audit performance.
- Where appropriate solicit quotes for service and determine vendors and manage the invoicing/processing procedure to ensure accountability.
- In conjunction with Transport Management Team, ensure that vehicle security components are adequate, in working order, and that security related SOP’s are being audited. Assist with the training of relevant SOP’s.
- Conduct independent audits on all security infrastructure and Health & Safety items, follow up with the appropriate managers on non- compliance issues and maintain documents and reports.
- Work with 3rd party carrier staff to ensure compliance with client’s LP requirements.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- College diploma or equivalent experience in an LP and Health & Safety management role.
- Five (5) years’ experience working in a logistics environment, law enforcement or related field
- Extensive knowledge of security technology & infrastructure (CCTV systems, building alarm systems etc.)
- Clear understanding of the role LP plays in the conduct of customers distribution network.
- Sense of urgency around dealing with security related concerns.
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team.
- Approachable, positive interpersonal style, while having the ability to hold others accountable for their responsibilities as they relate to LP and risk mitigation.
- Strong organizational, administrative and analytical skills – sound business judgment and a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Goal focused with demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks/projects in a fast-paced environment with a high attention to detail
- Able to troubleshoot issues, anticipate problems and make logical decisions
- Excellent time management and organization skills, with the proven ability to juggle and reprioritize based on business requirements
Primary work location is 1401 Creditstone, CONCORD
(must have the ability to travel within Canada)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org