Reporting to the General Manager(s) of the applicable business units, this position provides regional or dedicated leadership and expertise in WMS and Inventory Control. This role will play an important role regionally, tactically influencing operational site(s) with WMS capabilities while adhering to a standard and disciplined system and inventory process.
- Provide knowledgeable expertise in the configuration and usage of our WMS and Labour solutions.
- Utilize knowledge of supply chain processes and use of WMS to make recommendations to increase productivity, accuracy and service levels throughout the site.
- Ensure compliance in WMS methods used, system process discipline and Inventory best practice.
- Develop and lead continuous-improvement projects to further enhance the use and efficiency of WMS and Inventory control performance.
- Work with site to establish and adhere to best practice and standardization in system use and inventory control.
- Manage, develop and execute WMS/Labour project(s) of varying complexity and size.
- Provide regular (monthly) status updates to Site Management team to ensure timely project updates.
- Provides application support to the site users in analyzing issues and recommending appropriate solutions.
- Configures and tests the WMS and Labour system in conjunction with the functional lead(s).
- Coach teams on WMS’s functional capabilities and demonstrate how the different capabilities can benefit them.
- Provide pre and post WMS training to enable the growth of a strong superuser and user base at the site.
- Works directly with the site to gather an understanding of their operational needs and assists the configuration and implementation of the required changes.
- Build and execute test plan and test cases and the related data set for the solution implemented
- As part of the WMS Implementation Team, participates in on-site implementation and client interaction to ensure delivery of business requirements.
- Provides Continuous Improvement recommendations by analyzing the processes and identify areas of opportunity for improvement.
- Monitor error logs and system output reports to ensure system performance and data integrity in WMS/ LMS.
- Document and resolve with site leadership day to day system issues, system and inventory noncompliance and determine cause and effect items.
- Ensure that users of WMS are using proper methods to perform tasks and proper problem-solving techniques are being utilized.
- Utilizes data mining and reporting from the WMS to pull timely data for monitoring performance, results and opportunities for improvement.
- Establish best-practice WMS and Inventory compliance measures including tracking, reporting, root-cause analysis, and correction of the causes of nonconformance.
- 5 to 7 years Operational Experience at the Management level in Supply Chain, systems and Inventory Management.
- A subject matter expert (SME) JDA WMS with at least 3 year experience in WMS configuration and implementation
- Experience in multi-facility and or multi-customer environment preferred.
- Strong RedPrairie WMS and Labour functional and technical knowledge and experience in version 2009 to current release.
- Ability to schedule own tasks and handle all facets of assigned projects independently and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both written and orally.
- Ability to explain WMS technical and functional processes and capabilities.
- Ability to multi-task and work on several projects and issues simultaneously.
- Aptitude and willingness to learn new technological ideas, systems and devices.
- Excellent project management, problem solving, facilitation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience working in a collaborate project management environment implementing complex projects.
- Able to lead change and motivate team members to adopt new methods and practices required to meet current and changing business needs.
- Uses analytical reasoning to quickly understand and identify issues and propose solutions to solve problems to resolution.
- Ability to create a high-performance team focused on system, process and people excellence.
Post-secondary education in computer science or related discipline and or equivalent business working experience.