Metro Supply Chain Group
- Assist in the design, installation and support of internal network (LANs, WANs, Wireless network segments, Internet, and intranet systems)
- Assist in the design, installation, administration and maintenance of network hardware and software including all servers and end user devices such as desktop computers, printers, phones, smartphones, and other WiFi devices such as RF scanners, GeoTrackers, etc.
- Assist in the design, installation, maintenance and support of network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware
- Assist in the design, management, monitoring and testing of network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Provide second level support to IT helpdesk team for network (connectivity, speed, back-up, security, trouble shooting) issues
- Operate master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks. Based on analysis/data from monitoring, provide performance summaries, suggest or make changes to improve performance and security measures. Ensure standards are maintained
- Maintain logs related to network functions for real-time analysis of equipment performance to proactively determine the need for repair, replacement or redirect
- Work with IT asset management to provide annual budget recommendations for equipment replacement, by location
- Maintain documentation for all aspects of the network
- Research new technology, recommend enhancements
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2 years or more experience deploying, configuring, maintaining and monitoring computer networks, as well as performing software installations and upgrades. The candidate shall have two or more of the following skills:
- Provide system administration support of Windows, Unix / Linux operating systems, network and web security, and network communication devices (hub, switches, and routers)
- Has expertise in Microsoft Active Directory Services and Exchange
- Has experience maintaining network servers, file servers and intrusion detection systems
- Has experience in virtualization technology (e.g. VMware) including support utilities such as Veeam.
- Has experience in data backup technologies & methodologies
- Microsoft Certified professions (MCP), Network +, COMPTIA Security & Certification, Cisco certified internetwork expert (CCIE) and Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA)
- Provide system administration support of Windows, Unix, and/or HP OpenVMS operating systems, TCP/IP, DECNET, LAT, and LAD networks, working with token-based Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and/or CAC smartcards, network and web security, and network communication devices (hub, switches, and routers
- Has expertise in Web Server and Directory Server Management
- Has experience maintaining network servers, file servers, VPN gateways, and intrusion detection systems
- Has experience in virtualization technology (e.g. VMware)
- Candidate should have a thorough understanding of secure systems engineering development, including system security requirements analysis, system security requirements allocation, trade-off analysis, other system security analyses, and secure system definition and specification development
- Candidate should have experience working in the IA environment
- Currently possess an active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance.
Key skills for network support analysts
- Good communication skills, verbal and written
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good interpersonal and teamworking skills
- Initiative, enthusiasm
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality