Will oversee the supervision of a WIP / Secondary packaged goods related to the Cannabis Industry. The Operations Supervisor will direct and coordinate the day-to-day activities of a warehouse operation which includes supervision of the team members, receiving, storage, distribution, systems administration, inventory control, sanitation and maintenance and Customer Service. To oversee warehousing activities in compliance with space availability, order fulfillment and business plans. Ensure the training of employees, setting of performance goals, organization of work, and maintenance of a productive and participatory environment. Other responsibilities will include the management of vendor data, and the ongoing health and safety of Metro Logistics through leadership, training, development of policies and procedures, and the issuing of reports.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Company Culture – exhibits the desired behaviors that support “Our Way” and looks for ways to say “Yes”
- Ensures quality and productivity goals are met daily
- Focuses on the facility’s service mission and ensures shift exceeds customer service expectation by:
- Utilizing shift leadership team to communicate and execute tasks
- Managing labour daily
- Ensures Team Managers execute daily assignments
- Understands and participates in budgeting, manpower planning and forecasting and managing expenditures
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, development, coaching and performance appraisals for Team Supervisors and support team.
- Manages confidential information/documentation as required by policies
- Reviews records, reports, documents to comply with Company operational expectations
- Follows loss prevention, risk controls and quality assurance procedures to ensure a safe and clean work environment
- Continuously and accurately plans, supervises, reviews and evaluates shift performance within the distribution centre
- Proactively identifies and leads process improvement initiatives utilizing LEAN tools to optimize efficiency
- Identifies initiatives to improve team work, morale, cost savings, shift performance and reduced labour cost.
- Ensures workforce is well trained to provide seamless and timely delivery of service
- Communicates with and responds to Customer Service inquiries
- Accountable for troubleshooting problems through to resolution, escalating as necessary.
- Reviews and updates Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as required
- Assumes additional related responsibilities as required
- A Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Administration, or combination of education and related experience
- Minimum five years of Management Leadership experience.
- Experience working in a Third Party (3PL) logistics environment.
- Proven ability to delegate and follow-up on tasks assigned to Team Supervisors and Team Members
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills– both written and verbal with the ability to develop relationships at all levels in the organization
- Strong organizational, administrative and analytical skills – sound business judgment and a proactive approach to problem solving
- Goal focused with demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks/projects in a fast-paced environment with a high attention to detail
- Able to troubleshoot issues, anticipate problems and make logical decisions
- Ability to interpret financial spreadsheet information
- Exceptional hands on Warehouse Management System (WMS) knowledge
- PackManager experience is preferred
- Excellent time management and organization skills, with the proven ability to juggle and re-prioritize based on business requirements