Metro to Home
Supervise daily work assignments and follow up on the delivery of the expected performance results:
- Complete shift briefing template to ensure the effective and consistent communication of relevant information to all employees
- Assign and follow up with pickers and labelers on the length of time required for tasks to be completed by noting tasks assignments and communicating approximate time of completion
- Monitor schedules with Team Leaders to ensure the sequences of orders are picked based on priority shipments
- Flag priority orders for inbound/outbound trailers
- Give special attention to priority orders to ensure errors are reduced
- Monitor and manage workload levels and availability of resources
- Assess and determine overtime requirements on a timely basis
- Meet daily to monitor document control and ensure workflow is maintained, shipments are not delayed, work assignments are issued timely and team cooperation is evident
- Conduct daily/weekly shift meetings to ensure that staff is kept informed
- Manage and provide leadership to staff including training of employees, obtaining performance results, organizing work assignments, and maintaining a productive, safe and motivational work environment.
- Create and maintain an environment that promotes positive communication while fostering teamwork within the facility and the company.
- Monitor analyze and report daily/weekly departmental performance through effective KPI tracking and data collection for respective shift.
- Maintain accurate daily and weekly timekeeping and attendance records to ensure proper payment of employee and temporary employees
- Make sure Health & Safety program is follow
- Ensure operation procedures, equipment & facilities follow company policies & legislative requirements,
- Maintain close interaction with customer to develop strong relationships while assessing service requirements; communicate where appropriate. Maintain a good quality of customer product according to its standards and quality management system in place.
- Strive for continuous improvement by soliciting employee suggestions and feedback and making recommendations.
- Assist in the development of facility goals and strategies to support the overall business plan.
- Implement and actively champion compliance with company policies & procedures.
- Responsible for the follow up and to implant Quality system.
- Other duties as required
- College diploma in Business Management with focus in logistics management
- Five (5) years distribution experience (some of which in a 3PL environment)
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience
- Proven communication skills both verbal and written
- Thorough knowledge of company equipment
- Service oriented with strong customer interaction skills and commitment
- Ability to make sound decisions independently to obtain desired results
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proven leadership ability within a solid team environment
- Able to create own control tools through effective M.S. software applications knowledge primarily in excel & word
- Good knowledge of an integrated Inventory Control/ ERP software
- Analytical skills with familiarity of financial reports
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org