Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, the Operations Support Coordinator is responsible for carrying out the order fulfillment work plan for the shift. Utilizing Warehouse Management System (WMS) best practices, the OSC coordinates order allocation, replenishment, and the flow of inbound and outbound freight throughout the warehouse with a focus on accuracy, quality, and efficiency.
Order Picking and Replenishment
- Works closely with management to understand the volume and resource scheduling plan for orders and the respective deadlines which must be achieved.
- Uses the work plan for the shift in allocating orders in small manageable batches respecting best practices and limiting work queue intervention.
- Ensures customer orders are released to operations to enable completion as per management’s order fulfillment work plan.
- Plans and ensures any value-added services such as stickering, MH10 labels and consolidation of LPNs is completed before final staging.
- Identifies order opportunities for fluid loading.
- Immediately investigates any short allocation and determine corrective steps required to resolve.
- Communicates progress in resolving short allocations with management.
- Monitors the WMS work queue to ensure work is being completed as per the order fulfillment work plan and reports any delays immediately to management.
- Schedules, allocates and sets task priorities for customer rush orders.
- Uses Outbound Order Progress Display/Load Planning Operations to monitor order progress to ensure timely completion of order picking.
- Works with management to plan work allocation for the next shift where there are resource constraints such as equipment or labour.
- Identifies and reports to management any reoccurring interruptions, errors or opportunities to improve the workflow.
Inbound and Outbound Freight
- Using the inbound and outbound schedule assigns work to MHE Operators and monitors the flow of work throughout the shift.
- Works with the supervisor to coordinate the most effective manner to organize inbound and outbound loads.
- Uses WMS to monitor receiving and shipping task progress to ensure timely completion of scheduled loading and offloading.
- Assigns work and work instructions to Team Members for the manual offloading of trailers ‘lumping’.
- Ensures customer rush order delivery commitments are met.
- Identifies and reports to management any reoccurring interruptions, errors or opportunities to improve inbound and outbound freight flow.
- Communicates progress for offloading and loading and reports any delays immediately to management.
- Records in WMS delivery of received inbound trailers not yet put-away to a location.
- Closes customer orders in Receiving Truck Operations.
- Prepares all inbound and outbound transport carrier paperwork, including customer specific requirements.
- Ensures proper paperwork for multi-stop outbound freight.
- Records and maintains trailer numbers and dock door numbers in WMS.
- Monitor Load Planning Operations and ensures the site has adequate empty trailers to meet outbound shipping demand, advises carriers or CSR where there is a shortfall.
- Oversee and control the arrival, departure, movement and storage for trailers in the yard.
- Communicates with drivers to move trailers within the yard to ensure inbound and outbound trailer requirements are adequate.
- Check and track load arrivals and departures times during the shift and investigate missed deadlines for resolution.
- Maintains CHEP inventory.
- Three (3) years warehouse experience, preferably with some team lead experience.
- Previous experience with Warehouse Management Information System (WMS), preferably Red Prairie.
- Completion of a secondary school diploma preferred or the equivalent in a combination of education and experience.
- College diploma in Logistics Management is an asset.
- Ability to make sound independent decisions and escalate any non-routine decisions to management.
- Strong attention to detail and prioritization skills.
- Ability to anticipate problems and solve problems to resolution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to work in a customer focused environment.
- Able to adapt to change and quickly adopt new methods and practices required to meet changing business needs.
- Learns quickly and can transfer their knowledge to others.
- Intermediate level knowledge of WMS system, preferably Red Prairie.
- Basic knowledge of Excel.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org