Will oversee an operation of secondary packaged goods related to the Cannabis Industry. Manage, direct and implement operations’ strategies and objectives to ensure achievement of company goals and on time completion of production schedule within cost, quality and gross margin standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Major challenges of position:
- Business Growth
- Introduction of new operational systems
- Meeting financial objectives
- Product mix change (components/systems) and production schedule reprioritization
- Meeting company goals in relation to safety, quality and on-time delivery of products
- Supports customer Quality Manager, ensures compliance with Quality Management System, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Health Canada Policy and procedures.
- Inputs into scorecard and Key Performance Indicators
- Assess and assist to upgrade talent base within operations to achieve growth and meet market needs (reduced costs, shorter product introduction cycle times and on-time delivery)
- Manage and assist in coordination of effort between support departments
- Participate in implementation of continuous improvement and advanced manufacturing technology to improve cost of sales and productivity
- Troubleshoot equipment or material issues, communicate issues that may impact delivery, quality or safety to Facility management team in timely manner
- Verify timecards and payroll
- Look for ways to say “Yes” to client and present viable solutions
- Communicate, motivate, coach and teach employees
- Inspect workers for unsafe or dangerous practices
- Flexibility to assume other jobs when work schedule necessitates movement of staff to other positions
- Other duties as assigned
- College degree or 5-7 years’ experience in assembly/manufacturing
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office, PackManager, Red Prairie, RF)
- 2-3 years’ experience in contract packaging/ Manufacturing (assembly of POP displays and secondary packaging) highly desired
- PackManager and RedPrairie experience preferred
- 1-year experience in assembly/production of food products preferred
- Interpersonal skills, ability to lead and train people and work in a team environment
Must have ability to manage and give direction to large groups of individuals (150+) including temporary staff. Responsibilities may include providing daily task list for staff, disciplinary action, performance reviews, employee counseling and training. Able to delegate, motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
Essential physical job functions include: lifting up to 50lbs standing, sitting, twisting, stooping, and bending
Food Warehouse/production temperature controlled environment. Employees work in areas where there is moving warehouse equipment (stretch wrappers, conveyors, forklifts, etc.). Will require occasional weekend, evening or holiday work.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com