Reporting to the VP Contract Packaging Services, the Quality Assurance Manager will ensure all quality standards and current procedures meet or exceed regulations for GMP as well as the standards set by our Contract Manufacturing clients.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and lead the activities of the Manufacturing Quality Assurance department to ensure the highest level of quality.
- Ensure that all manufacturing, packaging, testing, storage and distribution activities are performed in conformance to Customer Specific, CFIA, HACCP Food Safety, FDA, and company policies and/or standard operating procedures.
- Write, maintain, and self-audit the quality management system to ensure compliance and change management.
- Promote quality achievement and performance improvement across the organization through the establishment and maintenance of KPIs.
- Maintain a constant awareness of the business context and company profitability.
- Maintain the integrity and performance of quality expectations with Lean, cost effective strategies that meet business objectives.
- Accomplish Quality Assurance scheduling, coaching, counselling and disciplining employees.
- Oversee quality investigations for root cause and CAPA determination.
- Work closely with all departments to ensure staff are working in compliance with internal policies and procedures, external client expectations and GMP.
- Host regulatory and client audits and assumes responsibility for ensuring that stakeholders are included in proposals for corrective actions.
- Verify contractor quality requirements are specified to vendors and contractor documentation submittals.
- Works with Project Managers to develop project schedules and resource allocation models for QA related projects and other activities.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- A post-secondary degree in Science or Engineering
- Minimum 5 years’ Quality management experience
- 5+ years of experience in quality assurance, methodologies and policies
- 5+ years of experience as a manager and strong leadership skills.
- Previous audit experience and/or lead auditor training
- Working knowledge of applicable GMP / AIB Standards
- Proven track record in driving continuous Quality improvement in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in developing and monitoring of project QA/QC budgets
- Excellent computer skills including MS Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with internal and external business partners.
- Proven communication skills both verbal and written.
- Comfortable with being directly involved in a fast paced production environment.
- Must be flexible and willing to work additional hours when required.
- Previous experience with warehouse systems such as Red Prairie, Pack Manager an asset
- Must have the ability to work within strict deadlines and under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanour.