Reporting to the Co Pack Manager, the QA Supervisor ensures that quality standards and current procedures meet or exceed Canadian regulations for GMP as well as the standards set by our Contract Manufacturing clients.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accomplishes Quality Assurance/Human Resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counselling and disciplining employees.
- Write and maintain Client Specifications following quality control guidelines
- Enforce GMP requirements and regulations per operating procedures.
- Perform part setups including on the floor measurement and system entry to ensure timely receipt of new components.
- Interact with Operations and Customer Service to work as a team to coordinate movement of product, components and finished goods between warehouse to co-pack area.
- Complete paperwork and documentation accurately and effectively.
- Work closely with all departments to ensure staff are working in compliance with internal policies and procedures, external client expectations and GMP.
- Work closely with Supervisors and Client to ensure production schedules meet required completion dates.
- Perform regular quality checks on the production floor to ensure production meets client’s standards for accuracy, etc.
- Provide recommendations for process improvement to reduce cost and improve quality.
- Report results of quality checks to management and the Client
- Host regulatory and client audits and assumes responsibility for ensuring that stakeholders are included in proposals for corrective actions.
- Assist in creating and maintaining an environment that promotes positive communication within the facility as well as fostering teamwork within the operation.
- Assist in the additional training of employees as required.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Other duties as required.
- Fulfill the duties of a supervisor under the Occupational Health and Safety Act including; safety, violence and harassment laws.
EDUCATION AND JOB KNOWLEDGE:
- QA Certification from a recognized University or College.
- Computer skills including MS Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Must have a good understanding of quality standards and GMP in a production environment
- At least 2 years supervisory experience in a QA role
- 5 years’ experience working in a Co-pack environment
- Previous experience with warehouse systems such as Red Prairie, pack manager or SAP a definite asset.
- Driven to provide excellent Customer Service with effective customer interaction skills and flexible working hours.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with internal and external business partners.
- Proven communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent ability to prioritize work assignments.
- Comfortable with being directly involved in a fast paced production environment.
- Capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Must be flexible and willing to work additional hours when required.