Metro Supply Chain Group
Embracing and driving change is critical to our success. As such we are relentlessly focused on innovating at every level of our business, investing in new technologies and products, and attracting the best talent to drive the company forward.
The successful candidate will support the design and delivery of strategic and operational Supply Chain reporting for operations and senior management with analysis and evaluation of improvement opportunities to support our business intelligence agenda. It brings new reporting and analytics to life by supporting operational performance reviews and continuous improvement efforts.
Produce insightful business intelligence related to the supply chain centres, transportation teams, contract packaging services, and time critical businesses globally. Support the development of key processes to design and manage supply chain performance management reporting leveraging data analysis while ensuring linkage to the strategic planning process.
Provide analytical support through data collection, analysis, and visualization to support business decision making. Use expertise in project management, data mining, data modeling, and analytical insights support our strategy.
Drive the effective utilization of business intelligence tools and other tools designed to improve operational effectiveness to drive growth across the organization
Work proactively with key business partners to identify opportunities and to drive transformational business growth initiatives, which deliver customer and shareholder value and meet targets as agreed with company senior leadership.
- University/College degree in Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, or related field
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook). Experience working with queries, VBA and macros. Advanced Excel / Modelling skills with the ability to manipulate and analyze large volumes of data. They will be able to identify key business drivers and provide incisive commentary.
- Strong understanding in SQL programming language, SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Proficient in ETL (extract, transform, load)
- Database design and data architecture
- Ability to understand, manipulate data and statistics
- Fully capable of using analysis tools and software
- Expert knowledge of data visualization tools – Especially Microsoft PowerBI
- Data mining and analytics
Who you are:
- A high performing and motivated individual who is:
- Creative, agile, and innovative, able to manage in an environment of change and ambiguity to help shape our evolving strategy through building, launching and managing initiatives/strategies producing results for our organization and customer.
- Effective communication style with a demonstrated ability to work with teams.
- You will have Advanced Excel / Modelling skills with the ability to manipulate and analyze large volumes of data. They will be able to identify key business drivers and provide incisive commentary.
- A natural leader, not afraid of questioning the norm and changing behaviours.
- Strategic thinker with strong execution skills
- Problem solvers with the ability to analyze and prioritize to meet business objectives
- A strong business acumen and thrives on bringing data and numbers to life with excellent analytical skills
- Project management mastery
- Humble intelligence and confidence
- Great attitude and demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on capacity
- Ability to have fun, work hard and make a difference
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- 2+ years of Relevant and demonstrable experience in the BI analyst field.
Metro Supply Chain Group is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require special accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter or resume.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com