Metro Supply Chain Group
Embracing and driving change is critical to our success. As such we are relentlessly focused on innovating at every level of our business, providing value to our customers, investing in new technologies and products, and attracting the best talent to drive the company forward.
The successful candidate will support the delivery of our procurement strategy including advising on new procurement, purchase order, and compliance systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
Sourcing Research and Analysis
- Execute procurement initiatives (end-to-end) through identifying opportunities, developing, implementation of, and ensuring compliance to supply chain sourcing strategies.
- Conducts data collection and analysis (of internal spend, bid analysis, value analysis (cost / price, etc.), and supplier qualification.
- Performs economic research and prepares analysis for supplier qualification and evaluation.
- Collaboration with operations or business owners in all Supplies Requests for Information or Proposals.
- Assist legal to establish Supplies contract templates and ensure compliance.
- Supports in the supplier contracting process in ensuring metrics, performance clauses, and rebates and penalties are present, consistent, and meaningful.
- Lead the supplier negotiation.
Reporting and Analysis
- Gather data for spend analysis.
- Develops reporting documents to communicate spend analysis, savings analysis, and opportunities for cost reductions.
- Identifies new procurement, purchasing, or compliance technology available.
- Assists in new projects or start-ups to provide procurement support
- Conducts Supplier Reviews to maintain business relationships with strategic global suppliers.
- Market reviews ensuring that suppliers are providing world class services and remain price competitive.
Sourcing Policy Development and Compliance
- Establishes strategic sourcing policies and processes across the organization.
- Establishes compliance reporting.
- Collaborating with stakeholders to ensure compliance to established policies.
- Five (5) years in procurement experience
- University or College degree or related professional designation
- Highly organized, capable of working independently, and in a team environment
- They will have Advanced Excel / Modelling skills
- Proficiency in other Microsoft office suite of products.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively, highly driven and self-motivated
- Strong strategic thinking and execution skills
- Great attitude, ability to have fun, work hard and make a difference
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org