Metro Green Logistics
The Transportation Analyst will work closely with our General control tower team and our Customer, to ensure that all aspects of our transportation program are delivered.
• Utilize network balance capacity tools to determine location of trucks and available customer loads; tailor the plan to meet area needs;
• Understand daily capacity needs/opportunities and pro-actively communicate to appropriate leadership;
• Know and understand the intricacies of operational market assigned; plan for acceptance of loads;
• Utilize planning & support tools to assign loads to trucks; ensure customers’ service requirements are met;
• Responsible for the booking of loads, the successful dispatch of planned loads and subsequent ownership of loads for assigned area;
• Analyze route, carrier, wholesaler and customer schedules to enhance consolidations and cost savings;
• Liaise with carriers to ensure all shipments are delivered on time and in good order;
• Communicate with warehouse operations and customer service to obtain order status information;
• Analyze carrier performance, complete analytics reports and provide recommendations for service improvement;
• Maintain good relations with licensed producers and provincial wholesalers;
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner which facilitates the success of business operations to meet company demands and expectations;
• Perform additional duties assigned by leadership.
• Degree in Supply Chain or related discipline from University or College an asset;
• Minimum of 3-5 years of job experience in similar role;
• Minimum of 4 years of logistics experience in a 3PL environment preferred;
• Knowledge of TMW/Truck Mate preferred.
• Requires a thorough knowledge of the freight industry, including LTL, T/L, parcel, and expedited shipments, consolidation and routing;
• Knowledge of carrier and customer rate tariffs and their application;
• Excellent computer skills including MS Office (Excel and PowerPoint);
• Ability to plan, think ahead, and prepare action plans to achieve results;
• Requires strong analytical abilities and an approach to problem solving;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com