Direct and coordinate the day-to-day activities of a warehouse operation which includes supervision of the warehouse staff, receiving, storage, distribution, systems administration, inventory control, sanitation and maintenance and Customer Service. To oversee warehousing activities in compliance with space availability, order fulfillment and business plans. Responsible for the overall strategic design and direction of the warehousing operations, Customer Service and Client Relationships. Ensure the training of employees, setting of performance goals, organization of work, and maintenance of a productive and participatory environment
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the success of the operation ensuring adherence to business plans and budgets.
- Oversees warehouse operations, while ensuring established operational procedures are being followed according to company standards to effectively meet/exceed customer requirements.
- Develops and following approval, implements changes to operational systems to improve the flow in customer service, order management and shipping and receiving of customer products on time and undamaged.
- Manages key performance indicators and other related measurements; providing analysis, reporting and recommendations on a timely basis.
- Reviews forecasts, inventory reports, sales order reports, and other available material and devises plans to meet fluctuations in warehousing operation.
- Acts as a liaison between VP and Facility Operations Team and keeps each informed on matters of policy procedure and production performance/problems.
- Establishes budgets for the facility and implements controls necessary to keep expenditures within budgetary limitations.
- Ensures that inventory and cycle counts are performed and where necessary, completes appropriate investigation and approved adjustments.
- Provides leadership to facility staff by: o Hiring, training, developing and scheduling competent staff
- Articulating the goals of the facility and Company including but not limited to health and safety, productivity, housekeeping
- Providing opportunity for success
- Providing feedback and measurement of success
- Manages ongoing relationships and interactions with: customers, vendors and carriers working to assure adherence to contractual agreements.
- Will ensure that employees are trained as necessary. This includes cross-training to ensure efficient skill levels, soft skills training and certification in accordance with company guidelines and government regulations.
- Accountable for the facility safety programs in order to provide a safe workplace for all employees and within the regulations of local and provincial legislations.
- Assumes additional related responsibilities as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in business management with a focus on operations management, materials management; a designation in logistics management CITT or P.Log. Designation is preferred.
- Ten (10) years distribution experience (some of which in a 3PL environment)
Five (5) years of managerial experience
- Good communication and interpersonal skills – both written and verbal, and the ability to develop relationships at all levels in the organization
- Exceptional hands on WMS knowledge
- Thorough knowledge of company equipment
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, sound business judgment and a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Thorough knowledge of company policies and procedures
- Ability to manage confidential information, demonstrating sound judgment and decision-making capability.
- Excellent time management and organization skills, with the proven ability to juggle and reprioritize based on business demands and needs.
- Service oriented with strong customer interaction skills and commitment
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proven leadership ability within a solid team environment
- Able to create own control tools through effective M.S. software applications knowledge primarily in excel & word
- Strong analytical skills with the emphasis on financial reports
- Exception planning skills
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com