Shits 9am to 5 pm and 12pm to 8pm
6 month contract with possible extension
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, the Wave Planner plays an integral role in order fulfilment. This role is responsible for the planning, review, and scheduling of daily orders and waves within the Warehouse Management System. The Wave Planner will compile the orders from the customer into waves for the order selectors to pick, while ensuring that the orders are complete, printed and reviewed.
- Create daily work plans to include daily hot waves and E-Commerce demands that ensure customer orders are presented to warehouse operations in a timely manner
- Directly involved with the release of orders for pick, pack and ship process.
- Assigns and monitors the work of warehouse operators
- Responsible for the collection, reporting, and feedback regarding wave planning performance, adjusting or modifying wave templates to improve work flow.
- Participate in the DC tasks related to grouping and releasing orders using the WMS system and timely communicating progress of “must ship” orders/requests.
- Updates the wave and load sheet
- Ensures communication between Team Members for stock replenishment needs
- Ensures loads are completed by the Order Selectors
- Ensures a balance of work is completed for each respective zone
- Coordinates the implementation of the wave plan to achieve desired delivery response times while paying close attention to the operational plan communicated daily by the Supervisor.
- Guarantees a smooth transition between shifts by organizing all available work.
- Responsible for inbound and outbound load prioritization. Responsible for coordinating the most effective manner of organizing outbound loads in order to meet customer expectations.
- Have exceptional knowledge of WMS (Warehouse Management Systems) and work with the Supervisor to address any training or procedural gaps.
- Assist where necessary in developing and training of all WMS upgrades and modifications and ensures that operators are made aware of any and all changes that directly affect them.
- Completion of secondary school
- College diploma in logistics management is preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in high volume production planning. Relevant industry experience is a plus.
- E-Commerce work experience
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team
- Excellent technical skills Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Office applications; specifically but not limited to MS Excel, Access, Outlook, Powerpoint, WMS and SAP
- Service orientated with strong customer service skills and commitment to quality of work
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Organized and shows strong attention to detail
- Problem solving skills with the ability to seek alternative solutions
- Adapt to changes quickly, as well as, working effectively in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work with all levels of management
- Able to work weekends and holidays
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org