Effective Date: March 26, 2021
Metro Supply Chain Group (“Metro”, “us”, “we” and “our”) is committed to protecting your privacy.
What personal information do we collect from you, and why?
“Personal information” means any information that can identify you, either on its own or in combination with other information.
We may collect, or be provided by a third party, personal information as follows:
- Information provided by our customers (retailers and other businesses): Retailers or other businesses from which you have made a purchase may provide us personal information such as your name, address, phone number and email address. We use this personal information solely to perform our services in respect of products you have purchased from the relevant company. We may also use your contact information to contact you with respect to such services.
- Information you provide to us: In certain circumstances, you may provide us your personal information directly when contacting our contact center. In such circumstances, we may collect
We use this personal information facilitating your transaction including placing your order, scheduling shipment of your order, facilitating returns. We may also use your contact information to contact you with respect to your order. To the extent we collect payment information from you, we will do so in accordance with all PCI-DSS requirements.
When do we share information with third parties?
Except as set out in this policy, Metro does not disclose or sell your personal information to any third parties. We may, however, share your information in the following circumstances:
- Our Affiliates. We may disclose your personal information to any of our affiliates within the Metro corporate group.
- Service Providers: Metro may disclose your personal information to third-party service providers who perform services on our behalf. For example, we may hire other companies to provide data storage, fulfill orders and shipments, assist in marketing, conduct audits, and so forth.
- Other: In the event of any acquisition or sale of Metro and/or its assets, we may be required to disclose your personal information to a purchasing entity. We reserve the right to disclose your personal information if required or permitted to do so by law.
How do we keep your personal information secure?
We take the protection of your personal information seriously. We employ a range of safeguards designed to protect personal information against loss and theft as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, and modification, including physical, organization and technological measures, commensurate with the sensitivity of your personal information. Our employees have access to your personal information only on a strict need-to-know basis, are trained in the proper handling of such information, and are required to keep such personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which it was provided.
Where we use service providers who might have access to your personal information, we require them to have privacy and security standards that are comparable to ours. We use contracts and other measures with our service providers to maintain the confidentiality and security of your personal information and to prevent it from being used for any other purpose.
How long do we retain your personal information?
We will only retain your personal information as long as is necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which it was collected or as required by law. Your personal information is securely stored until such time as it is no longer required, after which it is destroyed, rendering it unable to identify you.
Keeping Your Information Updated
We do not update any personal information we collect from you unless necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. In the event it is necessary to update your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, we will contact you to provide such updated information. You may also contact us to update your personal information.
Accessing Your Information and Addressing Your Privacy Concerns
Subject to certain exceptions prescribed by applicable law, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to have any concerns you may have over our policies and practices addressed. To access your information, discuss your concerns or learn more about our policies and practices please see our contact information below.
Where can you get more information?
If you would like to know more about our privacy practices or if you would like to exercise certain rights under this policy, please contact us at the address below:
1002 Sherbrooke Street West